Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dumbledore Costume/ Make Believe Play







Last summer when the last Harry Potter book came out, we decided that he could stay up and get his book at Midnight. Water Street Book store had an event that went from 10 to midnight. He really wanted to dress up as Dumbledore. So I pulled out the sewing machine and started stitching. I draped the material on him to make sure it fit. I had a lot of fun putting it together. And as you can see he had a great time posing for pictures. He used the costume for Halloween and make-believe play around the house. He still tries to get in his costumes I made him three years ago.

Summer is truly a magical time in a child's life. These are memories as adults that we hold on to and cherish. Dress up the kids in some fun costumes and have a play outdoors. Have a campfire and toast marshmallows, chase Dragon Flies around the yard, or just pull up beside a tree, kick your shoes off and look up at the sky.

Have a magical summer.

Check out my Etsy store. I just added some new items. I also added more pictures to Flickr.

kithandkinstudios.Etsy.com

HAVE FUN

No comments: