Soon this Island will be gone and an old table will replace it.
- Paint the walls, because the rooms open up into each other, it means more rooms get painted.
- Floor trim has to come up and all the other trim has to get painted
- Island in the middle of the kitchen has to come out.
- Every thing in the Island has get packed up.
- Finish the large library reference table that will serve as the Island in the Kitchen. (Salvage yard burnt down a month ago, so now we have to find another place that sells old wood.)
- Need to match up old wood to make a few missing draws on the table.
- Try and match up old paint we liked. ( Didn't happen, so I had to rethink the colors in the hallway. Three trips to the paint store and a couple re dos on the walls. We finally ended up with a harmony of color we're happy with.
- We now have to add a chair rail because I wanted to use both the paint colors I picked for the hallway. (Hubby is a very Patience man. I love you Honey).
- And it all has to be done before Shorty goes back to school.
The floor goes in this weekend so I will not be blogging very much this week. A lot to do for just a floor! Has this happened to you? When I was doing Interior Design I would tell clients to be prepared for these headaches. I need to listen to my own advise now. We now are living out of one room . ARRGGGHH!
Here are a few pictures of my faux finish I did. The color is a happy accident. I wasn't sure how I would like it . This is about all the creating I'm going to get to do for a while. Though it was fun to play in the paint.
I had some glaze left over from a table I worked on a while ago. It was a dark brown. I used a rag. I had another rag that I used to blot up excess glaze. At the very end I got the rag damp and went over the wall. I didn't like it. Then I had a little paint left over from the original hallway color. I put this on with a damp rag. I feathered out any hard edges. I wasn't sure if I liked it yet. This is when Shorty and I went to the paint store to buy more paint. We bought two shades lighter from what we had put on the wall.
p>When we got home, the wall had dried. I Loved how it looked.
Then I moved on to the hallway. Two paint colors and a roll of painters tape later I was finished. That's when hubby came home and I told him we were going to have a chair rail. (Like I said , he is very patience.)
Have a great week & Have Fun!