Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall in New England




Fall is my favorite time of year here in New England. It's a great time of year to be inspired to create. This is the time of year I like to say I get my pond back. From Mid May to about now our view is blocked from all the leaves on the trees.
The leaves floating on the water remind me of a beautiful warm quilt. Maybe that will give me some incentive to do my first real quilt this winter. I have several strips I have started in the past but have not gotten very far with them. I think this winter will be different.





The colors in this tree are the same colors you would find in my home. I love the Harmony and Peacefulness that natural greens and yellows give off. I get a lot of my ideas from being outdoors. I know I haven't shown much of my art or crafts. That is all going to change this fall. I'm finishing off my studio this week. Hopefully I can fit everything in this small but great room. I'll post pictures this week of the progress. I find I need to be organized for me to create and right now that is not the case. I have craft stuff, sewing stuff, art supplies, scrap booking material , books and magazines every where.




I love the colors that these flowers show. The bees are even busy getting ready for winter. There must have been 2 to 3 different kinds of bees flying around these flowers while I was taken pictures.



Even though it is my favorite time of year, I'm sad to see my garden go. We had a killer frost last night. I had picked the last of are crops this weekend. I know the carrots look small but they tasted soooo good. I sauteed them in olive oil, kosher salt,cracked black pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of brown sugar. I sauteed them till they were slightly tender. We tend to eat our veggies on the raw side. Hope your all enjoying your final harvest.
Have Fun & Enjoy





No comments: