Thursday, September 25, 2008

Cake Idea for Your adventurer

My son wanted a Indiana Jones cake for his Birthday this year.
I used the following receipe for the cake and the frosting.
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter or margine
1 3/4 cuprs of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another large bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla.Add eggs one at a time.
Add dry mixture and milk, Alternate between the two. Pour into pan. I used 13x9x2 inch baking
pan.
Grease and lightly flour the pan before pouring batter in.
Bake at 375' for 30 to 35 mintues.
Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 mintues before removing. Cool cake thoroughly before frosting.

Frosting
1/3 cup of butter
4 1/2 cups of powered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
milk
food coloring

Beat butter till fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of sugar. Slowly add 1/4 cup of milk and vanilla.
Add rest of sugar.Add more milk if needed for frosting consistency. Add food coloring.

I used twine tied to tooth picks. I put the frosting on the twine so it would resemble vines. I mixed yellow, red, and blue to make the base of the cake. For the vines I used green mixed with some of the base frosting. I purchased the figures at a local cake shop.






No comments: